1. How we do it
We will only use your data to up your buying experience.
2. Hidden always
We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
3. No nonsense
We’ll always inform you about things that make sense – no nonsense, no surprises.
4. No spam
You decide what and how you hear from us.
5. No sharing
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
Protecting Your Privacy
For all our services, the data manager — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is LOOKSERI HELLAS.
- We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. Everything is explained below.
Your name and contact details
How we use your name & contact details Why? Deliver your purchases to you We’ve got to do this to perform our sale contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send your order if we don’t use your name and contact details!) Send you service messages by e-mail such as order updates We’ve got to do this to perform our sale contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming) Sending you information by email, or post, about our new products and services To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission Fraud prevention and detection To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LOOKSERI– unfortunate, but absolutely essential Finding out what you, and other customers, like To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition
Your date of birth information
How we use your date of birth Why? Fraud prevention and detection To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LOOKSERI – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
Your gender information
How we use your gender information Why? To direct you to the right part of our website To get you to the products that you want faster
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
How we use your contact history Why? Provide customer service and support We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items Why? Sell you things We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it! Provide customer service and support, and handle returns We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app Why? Improve our website and set default options for you To give you the best possible shopping experience Protect our website To prevent and detect fraud against either you or LOOKSERI – unfortunate, but absolutely essential — and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
Information from accounts you link to us
What we do if you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us
How we use information from accounts you link to us Why? To enable you to log into our website simply and easily without having to create a specific account To make it easier for you to use LOOKSERI.com and purchase those items you want! To provide product recommendations So you can quickly spot things which take your fancy
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions Why? Run the survey, competition or promotion We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win!
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
- We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that LOOKSERI is affiliated with to settle the sale contract, as sometimes different bits of our company are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones)
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as Paypal where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems.If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in Greece, the Information Commissioner’s Authority
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
- We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the LOOKSERI website or other LOOKSERI services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use LOOKSERI.